Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hopes and Dreams

Dear English Answer Man:
what did you think you would be doing at your age now, when you were in junior high?
-Random Blogger
Ok Random Blogger, the truth is that when I was 13, I was a runty little 4-eyed twerp (still haven't figured out how to ditch the 4-eyed twerpiness). My primary concern was hitting a growth spurt. In the rare moments where I contemplated a career, I figured I would become a professional baseball player, or maybe end up being a lawyer. I never was much of a control freak, but here I am making a living bossing people around, telling them when to sit, when to stand. When to talk. When to eat. When to spit. What to pick up, put away, or remove. And I get paid. I make rules. People follow them. I bestow gifts. I distribute threats. I am the epitome of a benevolent dictator. 
I've come a long way from being bullied and shoved by my 13 year old classmates of yesteryear.


1 comment: