Friday, September 14, 2012

Should Teachers Be Told What to Wear?


I'm thinking of a topic...something that divides families...something that pits child against parent, student against teacher. Heck, this one even gets grown adults yelling back and forth at each other. I know I probably shouldn't go there, but I am going to touch on that most dreaded of topics:

DRESSCODE!

We've heard all the arguments about student individuality, and the awesomeness of school uniforms. But now it's time to talk about the adults. Should teachers have a dresscode?

Student bloggers: I want you to take some time to think carefully about the topic, and you need to read at least two articles on the subject before you post. Everyone needs to start with this one, which has two teachers voicing their opinions--one in favor of a dresscode for teachers, and one against. Then you can conduct your own search for news items related to teacher dresscode. I already found another one from USA Today, and you're free to read that one also.

Once you've read the articles, head over to  your own blog, and write up your thoughts on the issue. Be sure to include information from the two articles, and use hyperlinks to cite your sources. Your post should be AT LEAST 200-300 words (that's like typing a bit less than one page).

Side note: In the first article I linked to, there are a few things that one teacher said that I think are absolutely RIDICULOUS. I wonder if you would agree with me.

To review:

  • Read two articles on teacher dress code.
  • Collect your thoughts.
  • Write your 200-300 word post, including links to the articles. 
Post any questions to the comments. Let your voice be heard.



No comments:

Post a Comment