Friday, September 14, 2012

Finding Photos for Your Blogs

There's a bunch of debate about what we can and can't use for educational purposes when it comes to what people put on the Internet. Many photographers, bloggers, and designers make their money using images posted online, so for this class we are only going to use images for which we have permission. I'm not an expert, but to my knowledge, there are two ways to do this:


  1. Use images that aren't listed as "all rights reserved." You can find these under the Creative Commons in Flickr.
  2. Email the owner of the photo and ask for permission to use the photo.


Other than that, you can use photos that you took yourself. If you did not take the photo, you need to use the Creative Commons, and you need to cite the photo. The video below will show you how to do that.

Sorry about all the the blasts of wind into the microphone.

3 comments:

  1. this video showed me how to video for pictures. it also helps me out how to inform and explain because inform and explain are how to's. the pictures on here are pretty sweet especially the ones we can't use. no other website has better pics than flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the way you told us to put photos on
    our blogs.And you even gave us an example on
    how to put a picture.I think we all apreciate
    on what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helped me because the first time I put a picture on before looking at the video, it looked weird.

    ReplyDelete