Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blogging SUCKS!?

Well I am in a sour mood for a Saturday, after being told by one of my student-writers that blogging sucks. It all started after school a few days ago...

Fade in to student sitting at a desk by herself, and a dark cloud of a teacher looming menacingly. The tension is thick. A confrontation is imminent.

Student: "Can I just do this at home?"

Menacing Dark Cloud (Screaming, a jagged vein pulsating down his forehead, Harry Potter style. *): SIT DOWN AND BLOG!"

Student: Blogging sucks. I don't even know what to write about. It's so boring. All about your life and stuff. Who cares.

Dark Cloud (sun shining through, noticeably calmer): Hmmm. Sounds like you have a topic.

***** 10 MINUTES LATER*****

Student: Wow, I think this is the most fun I've ever had blogging. Look, I wrote about how blogging sucks!**

Dark Cloud (beaming rays of sunshine):  Nice job! See how much fun blogging can be?

Student: Thank you so much. You are such an amazing teacher.

Dark Cloud: Well, it's all for the children. Now skip along your merry way.

*Based on a true story.

**She's right. Apparently blogging can and does suck. Throw in a pulsing vein and it's probably even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment