Friday, November 19, 2010

The Answer Man Attends a Punk Rock Show

Today marks the beginning of a week-long holiday, and in my relentless pursuit of intellect and education, I kick off the weekend with one of the finest displays of art and culture Southern California has to offer: Yes, I am referring to the punk rock show.

I've been to most small venues in Southern California, but tonight's show featuring Unwritten Law at Orange County's Galaxy Theater will be a first. In my "youth," I had the privilege (or lack thereof) of seeing this band, and the experiences have varied. But they have never been boring. Drumsticks to the head, band members throwing punches, ragged chunks of bloody lip--"educational" to say the least.

Now they're all grown up (as has the price of tickets. Less than 15 bucks the first time, almost thirty today!), so hopefully I'll get a fresh dose of Southern California's innovative music scene.

Check back for a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment