Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why Aren't You Eating?


After my last post about eating breakfast, the sumo diet, etc., I've been asking students why they don't eat. The reasons range from "I don't have time" to "breakfast makes me feel nauseous" to "school lunches are just gross, and I don't have anything to pack."

So what do you think? Why is it that most students skip meals? Is it that they don't have access to good food? Do they think it will help them lose weight in order to meet our society's definition of a desirable body? Or do people just not have enough food, as claimed in this article?

If we want our bodies to perform, we have to load them up with good fuel. How can we expect to perform our best academically, socially, and physically if we aren't even fueling up at all?

Photo Credit: la@mie

2 comments:

  1. My mom goes to work at 2 in the morning...and so I wake up at 6:30 to get ready for school. by 7:15 I get out of the house and drive up to Pioneer, then I get to school. By that time I get to school the bell rings and school starts

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child things tend to move at a very fast pace. So most of the time we don't not eat on purpose. We get consumed in homework,friends,drama,and any free time activities. The simple fact is we just don't have enough time to eat.

    ReplyDelete