Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tough Topics

Attention student bloggers:

This week, we begin reading House of the Scorpion. To help us think critically about some of the issues in this book, I'd like you to consider one of the following topics, and create one post about the topic. Find at least one piece of outside support, and embed a hyperlink within your post.

I'll post an example shortly. For now, here is a list of the topics:
  1. Is there a connection between scientific advancement and moral issues? Is it possible for science to go too far, to the point where it's "immoral?"
  2. It's been said that power corrupts those who have it. To what extent do you think this is true?
  3. Are there difficulties in defining what makes a human being? Do all human beings need or deserve the same level of legal protection?
  4. Who is more important: the individual, or the group? Does it change depending on the circumstances? 
  5. Some say your actions determine what kind of person you are. Others say that you should not judge a person by mistakes they make.What are your thoughts?
  6. Consider the following statement: "Everyone has different roles to play in life, and we should accept the role we are given."


2 comments:

  1. Dear English Answer Man,
    These Topics are hard I did such a terrible job so,please don't say you need to do a better job because I did my best and when you said tough topics you really meant tough topics((: oh well I still had a good challange((:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous:

    Don't let me down. I'm expecting great things.

    ReplyDelete